Youth Jobs PaTH
The Commonwealth Government's Youth Jobs PaTH is a new program designed to better prepare young people aged between 15 and 24 for work in your business. It also encourages employers to trial a young person for a job and offers financial incentives if they hire them.
Youth Jobs PaTH has three elements:
- Prepare: young people will be prepared for work through Employability Skills Training to help improve their chances of finding and keeping a job.
- Trial: employers can trial a young person in an internship from anywhere between 4 and 12 weeks and receive $1 000 to help with the costs of hosting the internship.
- Hire: employers who hire an eligible young person can receive a Youth Bonus wage subsidy incentive of up to $6 500 or $10 000.
How can I host a PaTH Internship?
Your business can take part in a PaTH Internship by:
- contacting your local jobactive provider, Transition to Work provider or Disability Employment Services provider; and
- advertising for a PaTH Internship online.
For more information visit business.gov.au/news/host-an-intern-in-your-business.