The Australian Apprenticeship Support Network
From 1 July 2015, the Commonwealth Government's Australian Apprenticeship Network replaced the Australian Apprenticeship Centres.
Apprenticeship Network providers funded through the Commonwealth Government help employers navigate through apprenticeship arrangements and ensure apprentices get the support they need to complete their training.
Apprenticeship Network providers are responsible for:
- marketing and promotion of apprenticeships and traineeships to potential employers and apprentices/trainees;
- providing information and advice to employers and apprentices/trainees prior to sign-up;
- job placement services, including matching apprentices/trainees with employers; and
- the sign-up of the training contract.
Other services provided through the Apprenticeship Network providers include:
- information about payments and incentives;
- regular contact with the apprentice/trainee and employer throughout the apprenticeship; and
- additional support including mentoring.
Apprenticeship Network providers operate from more than 420 locations nationally and will work with you to identify the right training for your apprentices and make sure they get the skills they need to support your business.
For more information, or to learn about Apprenticeship Network providers in your area, call 13 38 73 or go to www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au.