Department of Training and Workforce Development's Apprenticeship Office
On 1 July 2015, the Western Australian Government through the Department of Training and Workforce Development established the Apprenticeship Office (formerly ApprentiCentre) which administers training contracts and regulates the apprenticeship system in Western Australia.
The introduction of the Apprenticeship Office coincides with the establishment of the Commonwealth Government's Australian Apprenticeship Network which delivers a range of support services to employers and apprentices towards the creation of a training contract.
The Apprenticeship Office undertakes a compliance role and is responsible for managing the training contract after sign-up. This includes:
- registering the training contract;
- training contract variations, suspensions and terminations;
- dispute resolution in relation to the training contract;
- assessing employers' ability to provide training;
- monitoring compliance of training plans;
- monitoring compliance of completion; and
- administration and regulation of the training contract in accordance with the VET Act (WA) and regulations.
Employers, apprentices/trainees and training providers will find a range of useful information including a suite of fact sheets and forms and forms in the 'Managing your training contract' section on the Apprenticeship Office website.
For more information visit http://www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/apprenticeshipoffice or call 13 19 54.