New information brochure for employers – Creating a flexible workplace
The Department of Training and Workforce Development, together with our project partners, has published the eleventh in a series of workforce planning and development brochures tailored to small to medium businesses. The eleventh brochure is titled Creating a flexible workplace.
What is workplace flexibility?
Workplace flexibility enables employees to balance work and family/personal needs and improve their effectiveness and productivity at work. Your business will benefit from balancing this flexibility for employees with the needs of your business.
To make your workplace more flexible you can offer various options to your workforce. These could include:
- flexible working hours including part time options;
- modified work roles and/or responsibilities including job sharing;
- flexible leave arrangements such as phased retirement; or
- working from home.
Benefits of workplace flexibility
Implementing flexible work arrangements can benefit businesses through:
- a more committed and productive workforce;
- an attractive recruitment tool to prospective employees;
- retaining staff with knowledge and key skills in your business; and
- reduced stress levels and sick days for employees.
If you would like to find out more you can download the brochure.
You can also download all previous brochures in the Templates and resources section of this website.